Section 4652 of SWHS93
Introduction to Case Management -- : Jan 17 - May 17 2024
This is a hybrid class that will meet ON CAMPUS on Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm with the rest of the work done asynchronously online. Please contact the instructor for questions.
Section 0626 of SWHS91
Skills and Techniques in Social Work and Human Services -- : Aug 16 - Dec 08 2023
This section is a hybrid class that will meet in person on the Santa Rosa campus on Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm, with the rest of the class being asynchronous online in Canvas. Please contact the instructor with any questions.
MSW, Social Work, (1987) California State University, Sacramento, CA
BA, English,(1981) Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Adjunct Faculty, Santa Rosa Junior College, Departments of Psychology, and Counseling (Human Services), Santa Rosa, 2006 - present
- Adjunct Faculty, and Adjunct Faculty, Sonoma State University, Psychology Department and Human Development Program, Rohnert Park, CA 2006 - present
- Study Abroad Faculty - AIFS Program, Barcelona, Spain, Fall, 2012
- Adjunct Faculty, CSU Long Beach, Social Work Department, Long Beach, CA 2008 - 2009
- Adjunct Faculty, Sonoma State University, Masters in Counseling Department, Rohnert Park, CA, 1996-1998
Despite growing up as New York Mets fan (I was born and raised in New Jersey) as you can undoubtedly tell, I'm a huge SF Giants fan. I was there when they won the west in 2010 with Jonathon Sanchez on the mound, and, after stressing through every single pitch of "torture" through the playoffs, I was there on Market Street for that first World Series parade. Of course, since then, there have been two more.
In addition to teaching at the JC and at Sonoma State, I have had a long career in applied psychology; in private practice and in various non profit organizations in Marin and Mendocino counties. I've worked with children, adolescents, adults and families, in schools and community agencies as a therapist, social worker, clinical program manager and supervisor. I most recently served as the Clinical Director of Homeward Bound of Marin, an organization dedicated to addressing the issues of homelessness in Marin County.
families and family therapy, adolescents, building community, service learning, transformative travel, creative writing
Seeds of Learning Volunteer
Member, American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA)
Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCS15245, November, 1990