MSN - Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)-Critical Care, California State University of Fresno, Fresno, CA. 2005
BSN - California State University of Fresno, Fresno, CA. 2002
ADN – Fresno Community College, Fresno, CA. 1998
Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa CA, Registered Nursing Program, Adjunct Clinical Instructor. 2016
Solano Junior College, Fairfield CA, Registered Nursing Program, Adjunct Clinical Instructor. 2013
Unitek College, Fremont CA, Registered Nursing Program, Theory Instructor. 2006-2008
Fresno Unified School District, Fresno CA, Vocational Nursing Program, Theory Instructor. 2001- 2004
Fresno Community College, Fresno CA, Registered Nursing Program, Adjunct Clinical Instructor. 2004-2005
I am a California Registered Nurse (RN) and are a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Certified by the Board of Registered Nurses in the State of California for Critical Care (Emergency/Trauma). I graduated with high honors (magna cum laude) from California State University, Fresno, in 2005 with a Master of Science Degree in Nursing for Clinical Specialization. My clinical experience covers a broad spectrum of patients (with various care needs) from pediatric to adult including geriatric clients. I have developed, implemented, coordinated various nursing practices to promote and help maintain safe patient care. I utilize clinical methodologies, derived from current evidence-based nursing practices that support safe and optimal clinical outcomes.
Throughout my career; I have worked in several roles of nursing leadership. Some examples include Acute care Nurse Educator, Interim Clinical Practice Manager (CPM), Clinical Nursing Supervisor, and Emergency Department (ED) Charge Nurse, including an RN Instructor for both private and public nursing programs. I have also been an Assistant Vocational Nurse Director. And I have project lead education symposiums on sepsis, cardiovascular care, including care of patients with comorbid conditions, coexisting chronic medical issues and polypharmacy, to help decrease the length of hospital stays and ED recidivism.
- Clinical Nurse Educator, RN student nursing instructor, Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Interim Clinical Practice Manager, Assistant Vocational Nurse Director and Emergency Department Charge/Staff Nurse.
- Project Coordinator of several projects which includes pediatric risk reduction assessment tools, Primary Stroke Program Certification, Chest Pain Center, Sepsis Care, STEMI Care, and Code Blue/Rapid Response revisions to improve, maintain clinical safety for optimal patient outcomes and Joint Commission survey.
- Interim Manager of a Medical-Surgical-Telemetry Unit managing day-to-day operational functions, which included productive/non-productive budget management and performance evaluations.
- Designed nursing curriculum based on evidence standards and best nursing practices.
- Developed nursing policies/procedures for the goal of expediting optimal patient outcomes derived from evidence-based nursing standards.
- Nurse Educator, facilitating and coordinating new hire orientation, ongoing nurse education, including developing various nursing unit-base competencies.
- Performed duties of an Emergency Department (ED) Charge Nurse for several years.