Associate in Science - College of Marin, Kentfield, Ca.
Bachelor of Science - Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Ca.
Masters in Public Administration - Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Ca.
Instituto Cultural Oaxaca, Oaxaca de Juarez, Mexico
Colegio de Idiomas de Baja California, Ensenada, Mexico.
Santa Rosa Junior College - 1976 to 1981 (Adjunct Faculty)
Santa Rosa Junior College - 1981 to 2008 (Professor Emeritus)
Santa Rosa Junior College - 2009 to Present (Adjunct Faculty / Public Safety Training Center)
Prior Teaching Experience:
College of Marin
Napa Valley College
Golden Gate University
Sonoma State University
Mr. Hill was born in Marin County and still co-manages the century old family ranch where he was raised.
Prior to joining the SRJC faculty, he served 14 years with the Novato Police Department as a Public Safety Dispatcher, Patrolman, Field Training Officer, Detective, Sergeant, and Lieutenant.
Mr. Hill retired in 2008 after teaching 28 years in SRJC's Administration of Justice program. He still instructs the Laws of Arrest and Evidence sections in SRJC's Basic Police Academy at Windsor where he has taught for 40 years.
Mr. Hill lives in Bodega Bay, where has served as a Firefighter/EMT for the Bodega Bay Fire Protection District for 15 years. He enjoys spending time with his chocolate labradors Sally and Mags, working at the H Ranch, and salmon fishing on Oregon rivers.
Professional Areas of Interest:
* California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training - Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Supervisory, and Management Law Enforcement Certificates.
* State Board of Fire Services / Office of the State Fire Marshal - Firefighter I & II Certification, Fire Instructor I Certification, Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Certification.
* California EMS Authority / Coastal Valleys EMS Agency - Emergency Medical Technician Certification.
Professional Involvement and Community Service:
Loyal Order of the Moose - Sonoma Valley Chapter
California State Firefighters Association
Bodega Bay Firefighters Association
Presentations and Publications:
Author - CALIFORNIA CRIMINAL EVIDENCE GUIDE, 11th Edition - A Handbook for the Criminal Justice Student. A textbook used in the California Community College system covering Introduction to Evidence, Search and Seizure, Confession Law, and Methods of Identification.
Honors and Awards:
* National Institute for Organization and Staff Development - University of Texas at Austin - Excellence in Teaching Award (1993)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2005)
* California Legislature Joint Resolution #120 - "Distinguished California Educator" (2009)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2010)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2011)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2015)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2016)
* "Lifetime Achievement Award" - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2018)