Associate in Science - College of Marin, Kentfield, Ca.
Bachelor of Science - Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Ca.
Masters in Public Administration - Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Ca.
Sabbatical Leave Study:
Instituto Cultural Oaxaca, Oaxaca de Juarez, Mexico
Colegio de Idiomas de Baja California, Ensenada, Mexico.
Santa Rosa Junior College - 1967 to 1981 (Adjunct Faculty)
Santa Rosa Junior College - 1981 to 2008 (Professor Emeritus)
Santa Rosa Junior College - 2009 to Present (Adjunct Faculty / Public Safety Training Center)
Prior Teaching Experience:
College of Marin
Napa Valley College
Golden Gate University
Sonoma State University
Mr. Hill was born in Marin County and still co-manages the 110-year old family ranch where he was raised.
Prior to joining the SRJC faculty, he served 14 years with the Novato Police Department as a Public Safety Dispatcher, Patrolman, Field Training Officer, Detective, Sergeant, and Lieutenant.
He retired in 2008 after teaching 28 years in SRJC's Administration of Justice program. He still teaches in SRJC's Basic Police Academy at Windsor where he has taught for 44 years.
Mr. Hill is retired from the Bodega Bay Fire Protection District where he served as a Firefighter/EMT for 18 years.
He currently works as an Administrative Support Volunteer for the Sonoma County Fire District on the Grants Team.
Mr. Hill lives in Bodega Bay. He enjoys time with his chocolate labradors (Sally and Mags), spending time at the H Ranch, watching college football and steelhead/salmon fishing on Oregon Rivers.
* California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training - Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Supervisory, and Management Law Enforcement Certificates.
* State Board of Fire Services / Office of the State Fire Marshal - Firefighter I & II, Fire Instructor , Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Certifications.
* California EMS Authority / Coastal Valleys EMS Agency - Emergency Medical Technician Certification.
California State Firefighters Association
President, Bodega Bay Fire Foundation
Author - CALIFORNIA CRIMINAL EVIDENCE GUIDE, 13th Edition - A Handbook for the Criminal Justice Student. A textbook used in the California Community College system covering Introduction to Evidence, Search and Seizure, Confession Law, and Methods of Identification.
* National Institute for Organization and Staff Development - University of Texas at Austin - Excellence in Teaching Award (1993)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2005)
* California Legislature Joint Resolution #120 - "Distinguished California Educator" (2009)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2010)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2011)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2015)
* Firefighter of the Year - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2016)
* "Lifetime Achievement Award" - Bodega Bay Fire Protection District (2018)