MA - Rhetoric & Communications, University of California, Davis
BA - Rhetoric & Communications, University of California, Davis
California Preliminary Teaching Credential - Secondary, English, Chapman University
CTEFLA - Teaching English as a Foreign Language - RSA/ Cambridge, St. Giles, International
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- IWS – Italian Wine Scholar – Wine Scholar Guild, 2019
- CWE - Certified Wine Educator - Society of Wine Educators, 2018
- IWA – Italian Wine Ambassador – VinItaly Academy, Verona Italy, 2017
- CWAS – California Wine Appellation Specialist – San Francisco Wine School, 2014
- CSW – Certified Specialist of Wine – Society of Wine Educators, 2010
- CSS – Certified Specialist of Spirits – Society of Wine Educators, 2012
- Teaching Credential, High School English, Preliminary, Chapman University, 2004
- CTEFLA (Cert. of Teaching English as a Foreign Language) – RSA/Cambridge, 1996
- Les Dames Escoffier Sonoma County and International - Member and Founding Board Member SoCo since 2020
Mary Beth is a professional wine educator, independent wine consultant, and founder of Crush Course, offering wine training programs, seminars and experiences to trade industry teams and wine enthusiasts. Before launching her own venture, for eleven years she was Manager of Wine & Spirits Education for E & J Gallo Winery, developing, conducting and hosting wine and spirits training programs for Gallo’s sales and marketing staff and trade customers worldwide.
She holds several wine certifications, including CWE- Certified Wine Educator, IWA- Italian Wine Ambassador, IWS - Italian Wine Scholar, CWAS-California Wine Appellation Specialist, and CSS- Certified Specialist of Sprits.
Mary Beth holds an MA in Rhetoric & Communications. Prior to entering the wine world, over a number of years she taught courses in Communication Studies at UC Davis, Stanislaus State University and various Junior Colleges in California. She has held professional careers in sales training, marketing consulting, and communications.
Following a desire to live in Europe, she found her way to Italy - and stayed five years – living, teaching and becoming fluent in Italian food, language and their La Dolce Vita. Back in California, she was also a teacher of high school English Literature and Italian language for a few years.
Mary Beth has been living in Healdsburg, Sonoma County wine country since 2007, enjoying our own style of La Dolce Vita. She actively serves and is a founding board member of Les Dames Escoffier of Sonoma County, promoting and supporting the growth of women leaders in the culinary, fine beverage, and hospitality fields.
- Italian – fluent / Spanish – proficient / French, Portuguese – literate