Office Hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning, California State University East Bay
Bachelor of Arts in Hawaiian Studies, University of Hawaii at Hilo
As the Instructional Systems Administrator in the Distance Education Department, I administer Canvas, SRJC’s learning management system. My primary responsibility is to ensure users of Canvas have the resources needed to be successful in online teaching and learning.
My career at Santa Rosa Junior College began in November 2008 as a Curriculum Technician where I subsequently earned two honors. I was recognized as the Employee of the Month for November 2010 and received the Management Team Above and Beyond award in April 2011. In October 2011, I joined the Information Technology department as a Systems Administrator. One of my accomplishments as a SysAdmin was being a team leader for implementing Microsoft Office 365 for the District.
Besides my work in technology, I've spent decades studying and teaching Hawaiian language and culture. I am a Native Hawaiian chanter, songwriter, poet, musician, and educator. I teach workshops and classes both online and on-ground in Hawaii and the continent. Prior to joining SRJC, I worked at the University of Hawaii at Hilo Native Hawaiian Student Center where I developed, coordinated, and delivered an online Hawaiian culture program serving students around the globe.
My students describe me as a passionate dedicated scholar and musician with the heart of a poet.
- Hui Pulama Mau
- Native Hawaiian Education Association
- National Indian Education Association
- Online Learning Consortium
- Member-at-Large, SEIU SRJC Chapter (2018-2020)
- Classified Representative, District Accessibility Committee (2018-2020)
- Negotiator, SEIU SRJC Chapter (Elected Term: 2016-2018)
- Tri-Chair, SRJC 2030 Plan Sub-Committee for ADA and Universal Access (2016)
- Member, SRJC Strategic Planning Team (2013 - 2014, Strategies, Goals and Objectives Work Group)
- Co-leader, Goal D. Improve Facilities and Technology Objectives Sub-Work Group (2014)
- Liaison, SRJC Classified Executive Council to the Classified Senate (2013 thru 2016)
- Member, SRJC Day Under the Oaks Planning Committee – May Day Aloha Festival (2014 thru 2016)
- Member, IT Department Sunshine Committee (2013 – 2016)
- Co-founder, SRJC Hui Pulama Mau Hawaii Community Organization (Est. 2013)
- Member, SRJC District Online Committee Classified Senate Appointee (2012)
- Communications Specialist, SRJC Classified Senate (Elected 2009 thru 2011)
- Co-organizer, SRJC Harvey Hansen Committee (2010)
- SRJC Multicultural Educator of the Year 2018
- NorCal Foosball Hall of Fame Inductee 2018
- California Foosball Hall of Fame Inductee 2017
- Kapalakiko Aloha Spirit Award 2016
- Santa Rosa Junior College Management Team Above and Beyond Award 2011
- Santa Rosa Junior College Employee of the Month Award November 2010
- Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts Apprenticeship Grant to study with Master Chanter and Kumu Hula Dr. Kalena Silva 2002