- 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Emeritus Hall 1538 Santa Rosa Campus
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Online Online
Section 1378 of SPAN40
Introductory Spanish for Spanish Speakers -- : Aug 20 - Dec 12 2018
The above section is designed for Heritage Spanish speakers or those with native fluency. Students must complete a Challenge Form from Admissions and Records stating native fluency.
Section 1386 of SPAN2
Elementary Spanish-Part 2 -- : Sep 06 - Dec 13 2018
The above section is a late-start section that is offered fully online. There are mandatory class meetings twice a week via web conference on the days and times listed above; please sign-in to Canvas for additional details after registering. After registering for this class, click on the section number to find any available online course material. If you are using the printed version of the Schedule, go to (https://classes.santarosa.edu/) to find the section number links.
Section 8885 of SPAN1
Elementary Spanish-Part 1 -- : May 29 - Jul 08 2018
After registering for this class, click on the section number to find any available online course material. If you are using the printed version of the Schedule, go to (https://classes.santarosa.edu/) to find the section number links.
Section 5275 of SPAN1
Elementary Spanish-Part 1 -- : Jan 30 - May 10 2018
The above section is a late-start hybrid course that is offered primarily online. There is one mandatory face-to-face meeting on 1/30 from 6-8pm in the Language Lab (Emeritus 1525) on the Santa Rosa Campus. The rest of the mandatory class meetings will meet via web conference twice a week as listed above; please sign-in to Canvas for details after registering.
- 1:00-3:00 pm SPAN 40 (Stony Point Academy)
- 6:00-7:00 pm SPAN 1 Hybrid (online)
- ABD Spanish Linguistics with a Designated Emphasis in Second Language Acquisition, UC Davis
- MA Spanish Linguistics, UC Davis
- BA Spanish, UC Davis
- AA Science, Santa Rosa Junior College
Work and Consulting Experience:
- Adjunct, 2016-present, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Instructor, 2016-present, Mendocino College
- Lecturer, 2014-present, Sonoma State University
- Teaching Assistant/Associate in Spanish, 2006-2012, UC Davis
- Computer Lab Supervisor/Manager, 2003-2006, UC Davis
- Spanish Composition Tutor, 2003-2005, UC Davis
Professional Areas of Interest:
- Second Language Acquisition and Development
- Second/Heritage Language Pedagogy
- Technology in language education
- Advanced L2 literacy development, with specialization in academic writing
- Functional and educational linguistics