Section 4010 of CS5
Computer Literacy -- : Jan 18 - May 17 2023
Recommended for students with some prior computer knowledge. This course meets Area B of General Education Option A requirements. Note: This face-to-face section will be merged into the online section if face-to-face enrollment is too low at the start of the semester.
Section 4320 of CS5
Computer Literacy -- : Jan 18 - May 19 2023
Recommended for students with some prior computer knowledge. This course meets Area B of General Education Option A requirements.
Section 0526 of GD65
Business Skills for Creatives -- : Oct 17 - Dec 09 2022
For further information email email@example.com. Optional live Zoom meetings will be held on Tuesdays at 12-2pm for students to participate in live lectures with the instructor.
Doctorate in Education EdD, Teacher Leadership, Concordia University-Portland 2015 - 2020,
Masters in Education MEd, Curriculum, and Instruction: Career and Technical Education, Concordia University-Portland 2014-2015
Graphic Design Certificate Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, 1993-1996
Bachelor of Fine Arts BFA, Dance, California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), 1984-1987,
I am a college faculty member with expertise in building student skills in preparation for 21st-century workforce careers.
My qualifications include:
• Doctorate in Education in Teacher Leadership and a Master’s Degree in Education in Curriculum Design and Instruction with a focus on Career and Technical Education
• Passionate about learning and eager to provide hands-on support to assist students beyond the classroom, enabling them to have a deeper understanding of course material.
• Experienced in curriculum development that integrates SLOs that align with departmental and college standards.
FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) 2014-Present
I teach students in the Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Arts degree programs. I execute detailed course syllabi in accordance with department policies and student learning objectives, and design and develop Canvas courses, including rubrics and assessments.
COURSES TAUGHT BY SUBJECT:
• Mapping Your World: Introduction to Global Production
• Studies in Leadership
• Writing for Business Professionals
• History of Design
• Design Thesis Presentation
• Print Pre-press production
• Packaging Design
• Visual Identity and Image
• Social Media Branding Design
• Applied Digital Communications: Adobe Creative Cloud
• Marketing and Brand Development
• Consumer Behavior and Research
• Marketing Management
• Social Media Marketing
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Discovery Community
Member May 2021 - Present
- I am on the team doing beta testing of their new search platform, called the Interactive community for discussion and feedback on ProQuest Dissertations & Theses.
International Society for Emotional Intelligence (ISEI)
Member Apr 2019 - Present
- Delegate at ISEI Conference, Freemantle, Australia July 2019
A Single Case Study of Sophomore College Students' Self-Awareness as it Relates to Teamwork at a Private College.Concordia University-Portland—ProQuest April 2020
Guest Speaker/Conference Presenter:
Conference on Emotional Intelligence: Research Presented at The Foundation For Developing Emotional Intelligence (FDEI) Jun 2021-Sofia City, Bulgaria
FIDM: Outstanding Faculty Award in 2015, 2017, and 2019
Award is given by students each year to a teacher they deemed to be outstanding.