Section 4323 of CS70.11A
Adobe Photoshop 1 -- : Jan 18 - May 16 2024
This face-to-face section will be merged into the online section if face-to-face enrollment is too low at the start of the semester. For further information contact: email@example.com.
Section 1365 of CS5
Computer Literacy -- : Aug 15 - Dec 07 2023
Recommended for students with some prior computer knowledge. This course meets Area B of General Education Option A requirements. Note: This face-to-face section will be merged into the online section if face-to-face enrollment is too low at the start of the semester.
Certificate in Online Teaching, Duke University - 2022
Doctorate in Education EdD, Teacher Leadership, Concordia University - 2020
Masters in Education MEd, Curriculum, and Instruction: Career and Technical Education, Concordia University - 2015
Graphic Design Certificate Program, Santa Rosa Junior College - 1996
Bachelor of Fine Arts BFA, Dance, CalArts - 1987
ADJUNCT FACULTY, FIDM - 2014-Present
Provide instruction and educational leadership to students in the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, and Associate of Arts degree programs. Create and execute detailed course curriculum online and in-person in accordance with student learning objectives for a diverse, and international student body. Evaluate student learning by creating and implementing well-designed assessment tools.
- Courses include Studies in Leadership, Business Writing, Consumer Research, Marketing Management, Introduction to Global Manufacturing, and Design Thesis Presentation
- Selected as a Student Advisor to mentor, coach, and connect students to resources supporting future career goals. Served as the first line of communication between students and the college staff. Managed internship programs to align with students’ academic pathways
- Recipient of Outstanding Faculty Award in 2015, 2017, and 2019
OWNER, Jeanne Thomas Graphic Design, San Francisco Bay Area, CA - 2003 to 2013
Created and executed brand campaigns from conception to production for clients in the wine, artisanal food, and financial industries. Ensured client satisfaction with all designs. Clients included: State Street Global Advisors, Barclays Global Investors, Scharffen Berger Chocolates, Heck Estates: Korbel, Kenwood Vineyards, and Valley of the Moon Winery.
CREATIVE director, Wells Fargo Advantage Funds, San Francisco, CA - 2007 to 2008
Oversaw the development of impactful graphic design solutions for the Advantage Funds division. Led and took part in the creation of strategic design initiatives and deliverables. Provided guidance to the creative team ensuring work was executed in accordance with all brand and design standards. Supported the professional development of team members through mentorship, coaching, and connecting to resources.
- Transformed and repositioned the creative team within the organization from “service only” providers to subject experts and essential partners
- Advanced staff through coaching and assignment of challenging, high-profile assignments resulting in several staff promotions
creative director, Discreet, a Division of Autodesk, San Francisco, CA/Montreal, Québec - 2001 to 2003
Drove delivery for worldwide creative projects from concept to execution overseeing the development of all media points, including product interface design associated with Brand Marketing campaigns. Built strong relationships and cross-functional alliances; became a trusted partner leading the development of business-driven creative assets that met company objectives. Served as primary liaison and first point of contact for external ad agencies.
- Reduced department costs by 20% by developing creative team members’ skills through education and training
- Researched, selected, and hired Stefan Siegmeister, an award-winning designer, to partner on a worldwide rebranding campaign
- Motivated, coached, and mentored staff to achieve their fullest potential resulting in increased efficiency, creativity, and productivity
ART director, Macromedia, San Francisco - 1998 to 2001
As Art Director, I led the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables for global rebrand campaigns including creating and communicating concepts, implementing marketing strategies, and developing design solutions. I also managed a large in-house team of 14+ staff including web, multimedia, and print designers, copywriters, and production managers.
- Recipient of multiple awards: Print Magazine Design Excellence Award and Applied Arts Magazine Best of Category, Corporate Collateral: Macromedia Brand Book Award.
- Translated marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that engaged with targeted audiences.
- Mentored and coached staff through frequent development meetings and upgraded their specialized knowledge through challenging assignments.
Member, International Society for Emotional Intelligence, 2019-Present
Member, American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), 2001-Present
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Discovery Community
Member May 2021 - Present
Dissertation: A Single Case Study of Sophomore College Students' Self-Awareness as it Relates to Teamwork at a Private College.Concordia University-Portland—ProQuest April 2020
Speaker, The Fourth Conference on Emotional Intelligence, Sophia, Bulgaria, June 2021
Delegate, International Congress on Emotional Intelligence, Freemantle, Australia, July 2019
FIDM Outstanding Faculty Award in 2015, 2017, and 2019