Master of Education, Information Science and Learning Technologies (ISLT), University of Missouri-Columbia. Emphasis: Educational Technology. Focus: Learning Systems Design and Development. December 2011.
Ph.D. in U.S. History, Indiana University-Bloomington. Dissertation: "Meatless Days and Sleepless Nights: Food, Agriculture, and Environment in World War I America" Minors in World History and American Studies. December 2009.
Bachelor of Journalism in Broadcast News, University of Missouri-Columbia, Summa Cum Laude. Minor in Spanish. Honors College certificate. August 1999.
Instructional Designer in Distance Education, full-time 1/2016 to present (part-time 8/15 to 12/15)
Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA
Online Course Co-Facilitator, 4/2018 to present (part-time remote)
Online Network of Educators (@ONE) for the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, Sacramento, CA
Instructor of History, 1/15 to 5/16 (part-time)
Santa Rosa Junior College, 1501 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Instructor of History, 1/12-5/13 (part-time)
Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Supervisor: Zachary Shank, (505) 224-3606, may be contacted.
Instructor of History, 1/10-8/10 (part-time)
University of Detroit Mercy, 4001 W. McNichols Rd, Detroit, MI 48221
Instructor of History, 8/02-5/09 (part-time)
Indiana University campuses in Bloomington (IUB) and Indianapolis (IUPUI)
Editorial Assistant, 7/04-7/08 (part-time)
American Historical Review, Bloomington, IN
|10-10-10: Communication That Matters|
Learning Management System Administrator, 12/14-10/15 (full-time)
Pacific Pulmonary Services, Novato, CA
Instructional Designer & E-Learning Specialist, 6/13-1/14 (full-time)
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM
Instructional Designer & E-Learning Specialist, 1/12-5/12 (part-time, contract)
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Albuquerque, NM
Leaderboard member, CCC Professional Learning Network community for Instructional Designers, 6/2018 to present.
Member, @ONE's Advistory Team for Can-Innovate conference, 4/2018 to 10/2018.
Member, @ONE's Advisory Team for Digital Learning Day ‘18, 11/2017 to 2/2018.
Member, District Online Committee, a standing Academic Senate Consultation Committee, Santa Rosa Junior College, 8/2017 to present.
Member, Textbook and Instructional Materials Committee, a standing Academic Senate Consultation Committee, Santa Rosa Junior College, 8/2017 to present.
Lead proposal writer, SRJC Textbook Affordability Act program, for funds from the California College Textbook Affordability Act of 2015 (AB 798), Fall 2016.
Proposal reader for the California Zero-Textbook-Cost Degree Grant Program, December 2016, Sacramento, CA.
SRJC's Professional Develpment Activities Day (PDA)
- Co-presented "Get Started in Canvas Hands-on Session" with Liko Puha, Fall 2018.
- Co-presented "CETL Studio - Video Technology Overview" with Lisa Beach, Fall 2018.
- Presented "Cool Tools to Enhance Online Interaction, Collaboration, and Social Presence," Spring 2018.
- Co-presented "Intermediate Canvas Topics" with Liko Puha, Spring 2018.
- Co-presented "Advanced Canvas Topics " with Liko Puha, Spring 2018.
- Co-presented "Digital Storytelling for Engagement, Reflection, and Critical Awareness" with Sarah Whylly, Fall 2017.
- Co-presented "Beyond the Basics in Canvas" with the Distance Education team, Spring and Fall 2017.
- Co-presented "Could Your Course be Successful Online?" with Lisa Beach, Spring 2017.
- Presented "Instructional Design and the Transition to Canvas," Fall 2016.
- Co-presented "Save our Students Some Money: How to use Open Education Resources" with Dean Gooch, Jennifer Carlin-Goldberg, Cannon Crawford, Drina Ochoa, Fall 2016.
- Co-presented "Cool Tools for Creating Engaging Activities in Canvas" with the Distance Education team, Spring 2016.
- Quiz beta group, 2016
- Grades beta group, 2017
Chancellor's Office annual Online Teaching Conference (OTC):
- Co-presented "Overcoming Isolation Online: A Discussion & Reading Club with Dr. Aimee Whiteside, Keynote Speaker"
- Co-presented "You Are Not Alone: Connecting Online Faculty Developers Across the CCCs"
- Presented "An Instructional Designer’s Use of Canvas for Faculty Outreach" at OTC’17 in Anaheim.
- Co-presented "What to Expect When Expecting an Accreditation Visit" with Lisa Beach at OTC’17 in Anaheim.
- Attended the OTC’16 in Los Angeles.
Presented "There’s a Resource for That: Sharing in Canvas Commons with Your Department, College, and Beyond" at the Can-Innovate conference, Los Rios Community College, August 2017.
Presented "The SRJC Instructional Designer's Role in Transitioning Instructors to Canvas" at the Connecting with Canvas conference, Santa Rosa Junior College, May 2016.
Attended the Online Learning Consortium's (OLC) conference on Textbook Affordability Initiatives, March 2016 in Los Angeles.
"Alice M. French and the Indiana War Mothers: From World War I 'Kitchen Soldiers' to Postwar Immigrant Reformers," in Feminist Frontiers: Women Who Shaped the Midwest, ed. Yvonne Johnson (Kirksville, Mo.: Truman State University Press, 2010), 99-118.
Review of the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial, Journal of American History 94:3 (December 2007): 896-900.
"Environment" entry in Men and Masculinities: A Social, Cultural, and Historical Encyclopedia, edited by Michael Kimmel and Amy Aronson (Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio Press, 2004): 252-254.
Awarded the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Shirley Davis stipend to attend the Online Teaching Conference (OTC), 2016.