I prefer that you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
On campus SP18 (BIO10, Sec. 7638):
Tuesday/Thursday: BIO 10 (Lecture), 12pm-1:20pm, Room 657 (Petaluma)
Thursday: BIO 10 (Lab), 2pm-4:45pm, Room 313 (Petaluma)
11-11:40am, 1:30-3:00pm, PC663 (Faculty Conference/Lunch Room in Faculty Office complex, Call Bldg upstairs, across from Rm 657)
11-11:40am, PC663 (Faculty Conference/Lunch Room in Faculty Office complex, Call Bldg upstairs, across from Rm 657)
5:00-5:30pm, PC313, 322
Our Canvas Page: canvas.santarosa.edu
BA, UC Santa Barbara, Mathematics (1965)
MS, University of Washington, Seattle, Zoology (1970)
PhD, University of Washington, Seattle, Zoology (1972)
1972-1973, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
1973-2006, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Long Beach
1975, 1976 (Summers), Visiting Adjunct Professor, Department of Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle
2007-2018, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Life Sciences, Santa Rosa Junior College (Petaluma Campus)
After teaching marine biology, plankton biology, and general biology at California State University, Long Beach for 33 years, I've retired to Petaluma. I'm now teaching General Biology (BIO 10) at the Petaluma Campus of Santa Rosa Junior College and loving every minute of it!
Professional Areas of Interest:
Marine Biology, Marine Zooplankton Biology/Ecology, Bioluminescence, General Biology
My FA18 Bio 10 section 2314 is now full, including 1 on the official A&R Waitlist. All of those people will be admitted (including the one on A&R waitlist). See below for more info on adding, but your best bet right now is to keep an eye on the BIO 10 listing in the online Schedule of Classes, and if it says "waitlist" or "open", indicating 1 or more spaces, then rush to enroll. In the coming weeks, some people will adjust their schedules and drop Bio 10, so spaces will open up. Otherwise get on my personal wait list (see below).
The following information pertains to those wishing to add the class:
1) If you are on the official A&R roster OR waitlist, you WILL be admitted to the class on the first day (you MUST attend first day!)
2) You can try to add the class on your own from time to time, in case people drop before the class begins. THIS OFTEN WORKS! Check the online class schedule to see if there is space, or just try to enroll.
3) I CANNOT give out add codes until the second day of class, 23Aug18.
4) However, if you would like to ADD the class, email me at email@example.com and ask to be added to my personal wait list -- give me your name, student ID (last four digits), and phone number. Invariably, some people fail to show up on the first day, and I will be able to add a few people from my personal waitlist, in the order that I have received your request.
5) Whether you are in the class or you want to add, you MUST attend the first class meeting on Aug 21, 12pm to hold your place. I will give priority for adds to those students on my personal waitlist, in the order I received the requests.
6) Lab part of the class does meet the first week after our lecture, on Thursday Aug 23 at 2pm in room PC313.
7) If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Canvas web page is open in a limited form now, mainly to let you register for the textbook's online site, MyLab and Mastering (see more information on Canvas site). I will provide more content to our Canvas site in late June.
Petaluma Campus bookstore for textbook purchase online: http://bookstore.santarosa.edu/petaluma/selecttermdept.aspx?&msc=NjN8LTF8MmVlNWQ3YTQtYWYxNC00ZDY3LWI5YjgtZDVjODA4ZjMzZDdifDE0NzA0NDY5MDk%3d
Student Health Services introductory video: https://shs.santarosa.edu/shs-videos