I prefer that you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
On campus FA19 (BIO10, Sec. 2314):
Tuesday/Thursday: BIO 10 (Lecture), 12pm-1:20pm, Room 695 (Petaluma)
Thursday: BIO 10 (Lab), 2pm-4:45pm, Room 313 (Petaluma)
Office hours (we may also use Zoom or Canvas Chat):
11-11:45am, PC667 or PC322
1:30-3:00pm, PC695 (lecture room) (no class follows us, so I can stay there or go to my office in 322), or PC 667
11-11:45am, PC 667 or PC322
1:30-2pm, PC313 (between lecture and lab)
5:00-5:30pm, PC313, 322
Our Canvas Page: canvas.santarosa.edu
BA, UC Santa Barbara, Mathematics (1965)
MS, University of Washington, Seattle, Zoology (1970)
PhD, University of Washington, Seattle, Zoology (1972)
1972-1973, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
1973-2006, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Long Beach
1975, 1976 (Summers), Visiting Adjunct Professor, Department of Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle
2007-2019, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Biological Sciences, Santa Rosa Junior College (Petaluma Campus)
After teaching marine biology, plankton biology, and general biology at California State University, Long Beach for 33 years, I retired to Petaluma. Since 2007, I've been teaching General Biology (BIO 10) at the Petaluma Campus of Santa Rosa Junior College and loving every minute of it!
Professional Areas of Interest:
Marine Biology, Marine Zooplankton Biology/Ecology, Bioluminescence, General Biology
My FA19 Bio 10 section 2314 is now full, including 1 on the official A&R Waitlist. All of those people will be admitted (including the one on A&R waitlist). See below for more info on adding, but your best bet right now is to keep an eye on the BIO 10 listing in the online Schedule of Classes, and if it says "waitlist" or "open", indicating one or more spaces, then rush to enroll. We can take a maximum of 25 students at this time. In the coming weeks, some people will adjust their schedules and drop Bio 10, so spaces will open up. Otherwise get on my personal wait list (see below).
The following information pertains to those wishing to add the class:
1) If you are on the official A&R roster OR waitlist, you WILL be admitted to the class on the first day (you MUST attend first day!)
2) You can try to add the class on your own from time to time, in case people drop before the class begins. THIS OFTEN WORKS! Check the online class schedule to see if there is space, or just try to enroll.
3) I CANNOT give out add codes until the first day of class, 20Aug19.
4) However, if you would like to ADD the class, email me at email@example.com and ask to be added to my personal wait list -- give me your name, student ID (last four digits), and phone number. Invariably, some people fail to show up on the first day, and I will be able to add a few people from my personal waitlist, in the order that I have received your request.
5) Whether you are in the class or you want to add, you MUST attend the first class meeting on Aug 20, 12pm (Rm 695) to hold your place. I will give priority for adds to those students on my personal waitlist, in the order I received the requests.
6) Lab part of the class does meet the first week after our lecture, on Thursday Aug 22 at 2pm in room PC313.
7) If you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Canvas web page is not yet open, I will open it by mid-July.
Meanwhile, NOTE THIS: Our textbook is Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology (6th ed.) and it comes with a required access code for the textbook web site, MyLab and Mastering (Mastering Biology). IF you buy your textbook early, PLEASE wait until our Canvas site is open to register your access code for MyLab&Mastering!! DO NOT attempt to register your access code directly on the masteringbiology.com web site. You must do it from within our Canvas course site. More information in July.
Note, too, that if you buy your textbook online or used, it may not come with a valid access code. In that case you will have to buy one online (again, from within Canvas) for about $65. Take that into account for any purchase considerations.
Petaluma Campus bookstore for textbook purchase online: https://www.bkstr.com/santarosa-petalumastore/home/en
Student Health Services introductory video: https://shs.santarosa.edu/shs-videos