Section 0872 of KINES81
Introduction to Exercise Physiology -- : Aug 16 - Dec 09 2022
This section is a hybrid class that meets in person during scheduled lab hours. Tues 6:30-8:30pm. Lecture will be done asynchronously online.
- E-RYT 500 (Registered Yoga Teacher)
- RYT 200 Anusara Yoga Certified
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Masters in Kinesiology (Emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction)
- Masters Thesis in Sport Law
- Bachelors in Mass Communications
- Scholarship Athlete, Track and Field, Fresno State (Heptathlete)
Southwestern College, San Diego, CA 2011-2021
- Lead Yoga Teacher Trainer, YTT (2019-2021)
- Created Curriculum for Yoga Teacher Training at Southwestern College, 2018
- Launched Yoga Teacher Training Program at Southwestern College (2019)
- Principals of Health and Wellness
- Leadership in Fitness Instruction
- Physical Education at the Elementary Level
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers
- Fitness Education
- Body Sculpt, Cardio Fitness, Weight Training
- Step Aerobics, Water Aerobics
- Assistant Track Coach, Men and Women (Technique Coach - jumps, throws, hurdles)
- Assistant Cross Country Coach, Men and Women
- Student Learning Objectives Liaison
- Career Education Advisory Committee member
I am joining Santa Rosa Junior College this Fall. I am thrilled to help lead the Yoga Teacher Certification Program at the Petaluma Campus. I am also excited will to be a teacher and guide for students studying Kinesiology and Health, and to be a point person for students in the Fitness, Nutrition and health Certificate Program. I came to SRJC from Southwestern College in San Diego where I served there for 10 years and had the opportunity to write the Yoga Teacher Training curriculum and launch the Yoga Teacher Certification for the College, all of which was a career highlight for me. I served as the Lead Trainer of that program, a professor of Health and Kinesiology, and as an Assistant Coach for the Track and Field and Cross Country teams. I was also SLO Liaison for our Department and served on our department's Advisory Board for Career Education.
I am E-RYT 500 Master Level Yoga Teacher Trainer (Experienced - 500 Hour Level), and I also later studied an exquisite style of yoga called Anusara and became RYT 200 in that style alone, and that training influenced my yoga practice greatly, and also gave me tools that took me to the next level as a Yoga Teacher Trainer.
I stand for inclusion, hands-on learning, and making teachings fun and easy so that students can learn naturally. I like to facilitate fellowship and a sense of tribe in the classroom so that students feel supported and safe, as well as seen and heard. My intent is that students graduate with the certainty that they have an exquisite skill set, and that the training they have received will help them succeed! I ask students to "show up" and "trust the process" and allow their confidence and skill set to bloom.